Our law office is looking for a full time paralegal to assist with corporate work and real estate transactions. An ideal candidate for this position is highly organized, internally motivated, and detail oriented, a fast learner, with a desire to perform high quality work correctly and efficiently.
- General corporate law matters, including entity formation, amendments, dissolutions, mergers, review and update of minute books and stock ledgers, preparing authorizing resolutions, documenting equity transfers, Certificates of Good Standing, IRS filings, MA DOR filings and assisting with closings.
- Submission of documents for filing with State and Federal agencies, town clerk offices.
- State Licensing processes, including ABCC liquor licensing;
- Commercial and back up residential Real Estate Conveyancing and Financing, closing support, title insurance policies, Lender documentation, title clearing and recording at Registries of Deeds.
- Performing other paralegal duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Ability to draft correspondence
- Excellent working knowledge of technology, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Adobe
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with and keep sensitive and personal information confidential
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree highly preferred
- Paralegal Certificate highly preferred
Interested candidates please send resume and covering letter to : W. Garth Janes, Managing partner
Doherty, Wallace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.